Atopic Dermatitis

Irritable, Itchy Pain Keeping You Up at Night?

A New Clinical Research Study May Provide Options

Why Participate?

The investigational topical cream being tested will be applied to the skin. The knowledge gained from this study may help others with atopic dermatitis in the future. Eligible participants will receive study related tests at no cost.

The clinical research team will discuss all study risks with you and answer any additional questions you may have.

Side Image

About the Study

This study compares the effects of different dosing regimens, a once-a-day application or a twice-a-day application of the investigational topical cream, to find out which dose is better for treating atopic dermatitis.

The investigational topical cream is designed to help the immune system produce fewer chemicals believed to cause atopic dermatitis.

During the 6-week treatment period, you will be asked to apply the investigational topical cream either once or twice per day. You will have a 75% chance of receiving the investigational topical cream and a 25% chance of receiving the vehicle (placebo) cream. The vehicle (placebo) cream in this study will be a cream which looks like the investigational topical cream, but does not contain any active ingredients.

If you agree to participate and then change your mind for any reason, you are able to stop at any time.

Side Image

The investigational topical cream aims to provide some relief of atopic dermatitis symptoms.

How to Participate

If you are interested in participating, you will go through a screening to determine your eligibility. If you qualify and choose to participate, you will be asked to provide blood or urine samples. If you are enrolled, the screening period may last anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks. The treatment period for the investigational topical cream will last 6 weeks with a 4 week follow-up period. There will be approximately 8 visits to the study site.

The following is a list of some of the assessments that will be conducted upon enrollment in this study:

  • A review of your medical history including your atopic dermatitis
  • Questions about previous and current treatments for atopic dermatitis taken
  • A complete physical examination

You will also be required to not eat or drink anything (apart from water) for 8-10 hours before the first day of the study and complete a “washout” period of time if you are taking any prohibited medications prior to the study treatment.

Side Image

What is Atopic dermatitis?

Atopic dermatitis is an incurable skin condition with symptoms that occur due to an immune reaction and the skin barrier being weakened. This disease causes severe itching, red to brownish-gray patches, especially on the hands, feet, ankles, wrists, neck, upper chest, eyelids, and inside the bend of the elbows and knees. Most atopic dermatitis patients suffer from raw, sensitive and swollen skin from scratching.

Side Image